and the Jacko Breaking News Winners are...
I was surprised who sent out the "Jackson Gets Off" (please people, no more jokes) 'Breaking News' emails 1st. Here they are in the order of arrival to my Yahoo! email addy:
- always (almost always) first on the email / text msg news blitz thing.
(2) AUSTIN AMERICAN STATESMAN
- huh? An Austin paper?? "Jackson Found Not Guilty" Yep. AND it was in color.
(3) DALLAS MORNING NEWS
- which wrote the longest tabloid-style explanation (maybe that's why they came in 3rd) ..." a jury has acquitted Michael Jackson of molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor at his Neverland ranch, vindicating the pop star who insisted he was the victim of mother-and-son con artists and a prosecutor with a vendetta"
- come on guys! You're in the 'entertainment news' biz! Get with it!
(5) NEW YORK POST
- 5th place?? I'm sure all the reporters were on lunch break or watching the Olsen Twins share a birthday dessert across the street.
(6) My friend Juan
who is actually in the news biz... (btw: He almost beat the NY Post!) way to go Juan!
(7) WASHINGTON POST
- Come on folks! It's 5:57PM you idiots! That simply can't be called "breaking news". These guys need another 'deep throat' - I'll tell Juan (see #6).
Sources I expected to hear from but did not: BBC
- "we're sorry but our email server is down". and adding... "We apologise for the inconvenience but it is an essential piece of work and we will do our best to get it completed as soon as possible." Damn those Brits are so nice and polite
- I'm sure they are totally busy on some new reality show which has nothing to do with music OR music news. :-P